Keyword optimization is important if you want your web site to achieve maximum success. Search engines crawl your web pages on a regular basis to determine whether or not your web site provides content that matches commonly used search terms. If you have keywords or keyword phrases that are in line with commonly used search terms, there is a good chance that your web site will appear higher up in search engine rankings than sites that have not utilized keyword optimization.
10 Rules of Keyword Optimization
Keyword optimization is a complex topic, but it can be boiled down to ten simple rules. If you follow these keyword rules faithfully on your web site, you are almost guaranteed a higher place in search engine rankings.
- You should choose at least one targeted keyword phrase for every page on your web site.
- Keyword optimization becomes less effective when you water it down. While you can target multiple keyword phrases, you should only target two or three at the most for each page.
- You should choose keywords or keyword phrases that match the overall theme of your web site. For example, you wouldn't want to choose the phrase "medical school" if your web site focuses on celebrity fashion.
- People who research keyword popularity ahead of time have more success with keyword optimization. A good example of a free tool that will help you with this is Google's Keyword Tool, https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
- Your chosen keyword should be spelled correctly. There are a lot of other people who will tell you otherwise, saying that misspelling words is a good way to get stray traffic on your web site. The truth is that misspelling a keyword on purpose is nothing more than poor keyword optimization strategy. Your web site is better than that and so are you.
- The keyword or keyword phrase that you choose should be popular, but not too popular. Your goal should be to pick something Internet users will be searching for, while avoiding terms that have been done to death by larger and more established web sites.
- The crux of keyword optimization is choosing where to insert chosen keywords and keyword phrases on a web site page. The best thing you can do is pepper the content with keywords, i.e. the targeted phrase should be used throughout the content versus concentrated areas.
- Always, always, always use your targeted keyword or keyword phrase in the title of your article.
- Keywords should be used in Meta titles and Meta descriptions--this is one of the most important rules of keyword optimization.
A Final Thought on Keyword Optimization
Keyword optimization might seem like a lot of effort, but it is worth your time to learn how it works. When you use keywords and keyword phrases correctly on your web site, search engines will notice and reward your efforts by sending traffic your way.
Related articles at http://www.webbusinesstoolsonline.com/ provided this article. Get free related articles at http://websitesthatsucceed.typepad.com/wts-blog/ https://buildabetterwebsite.wordpress.com/ http://websitesthatsucceed.blogspot.com/ or http://www.webbusinesstoolsonline.com/build-my-own-web-site-blog.html